An award:D?! For moi:D!? *FAINT*. Please excuse the childish reaction, but the last time I received something close to a literary award was back in fourth grade.
So I am honored to be nominated for the Liebster award on wordpress not by one, but three awesome new bloggers :D. Thank you so much guys. Your writings are inspirational to say the least. Credits go to:
Laura Feasey : http://lauragabriellefeasey.wordpress.com/2014/04/23/the-liebster/
theWitch : http://bobandemily.wordpress.com/2014/04/24/liebster-award/
Jemma Jones : http://mytefladvertures.wordpress.com/2014/04/25/ive-been-nominated-for-the-liebster-award/
So this is what the Liebster award is all about:
The Liebster Award is awarded to bloggers with under 200 followers to try to promote their blog a little and also bring together a community of bloggers.
The rules of the competition are as follows:
- The nominated user must provide a link back to the person who nominated them.
- Provide 11 facts about yourself.
- Answer 11 questions set by the person who nominated you.
- Choose 11 more people and ask them 11 questions.
So this award influx has rattled me a bit. Three nominations means 33 times 3 sets of questions that need to be answered, 33 questions that need to be put up to other nominees and 33 people that need to be further nominated. GULP. Liebster quicksand. Don’t get me wrong. I am jumping with joy here but c’mon, do the maths! So in all fairness, I think I will do just Laura’s set of questions because she nominated me first. I hope the rest of you won’t banish me from your blogs:(
11 Facts about me:
- I believe that strong faith and connection with God can get you anywhere.
- I never played with dolls because I was the sporty kid. Softball, badminton, riding, swimming, sailing, cricket…
- I always need something to look forward to in life. Big or small.
- I was the biggest cry baby to have lived. Then I grew up and my tear ducts begged for retirement.
- I have degrees in computer science and teaching English as a second language. I am good at neither.
- I love twisted murder mysteries and wheel of fortune. X-files was my first love.
- My biggest fear is to be without my family. Everything else comes second.
- I run a low-quality opera house by day. One that only specializes in screaming. a lot. at my beautiful children.
- I hate brushing my hair.
- I dream of owning my own bookstore that also has the world’s largest collection of notebooks, stationery and teaches skydiving.
- I can’t stand conflict.
11 Answers to Laura’s questions:
- What is your favourite word? Amazing! (I love exclamation marks)
- What is your least favourite word? Whatever
- When did you last laugh? Just yesterday when my daughter made an ultimate mess in the bathtub. But first I almost cried.
- Where’s Wally (or Waldo for my American friends)? Happily retired. Living in Niagara on the Lake with Wella, his wife
- What would you do with a lottery win? Probably faint. Then if I ever came around I’d give lavish presents to family and friends, travel and leave something behind before going bankrupt. Maybe build a huge and fun library in Lahore, Pakistan.
- Who would play you in a film about your life? Drew Barrymore
- If you had a superhero power what would it be? To be able to transport myself to any part of the past or future. Flying would come by default of course.
- What was the last book you read? Inferno by Dan Brown
- What is your first thought when you wake up? Save the planet. Oh and ssshhhh, don’t want to wake the kids up!
- If you could have any animal in the world as a pet, what would it be? Koala bear. Most definitely.
- What do you think of my blog? Inkrichment galore:). Well done!
My 11 questions for the next nominees:
- What keeps you going?
- What’s your biggest vice?
- What’s your favorite piece of jewelry or keepsake?
- Biggest adventure you dream of or have been to?
- Humans or aliens?
- What burns your blood?
- If you could have a holiday named after you, what would it be?
- Err…who was Liebster? And why 11?
- Pancakes or waffles?
- What’s your favourite cartoon bad guy?
- What do you think of my blog?
And finally enriched new writers I am nominating:D.
- Flutter touch
- Hugh’s views and news
- Maria Brinkley
I am doing my didn’t quite get the oscar smile!!! Kidding!! I loved this!! And wish I had the foresight to make it a Triple Liebster Award, as I have just been nominated again!! Not complaining!! Really stunned!! And delighted!! And changing my name to Trilieb as we speak!! Hahah!! And obviously sharing your love of exclamation marks!!!!!!
LikeLiked by 1 person
haha awesome! I love Trilieb! And I just call it ‘laziness’ on my part for not answering everyone’s questions. You however are the queen!
Haha “Liebster quicksand” love it! And also your question number 8… good thinking, I would like to know the answer to that one!
yes I will let you know as soon as I find out too. Google didn’t help much:)
I also did a quick google search when I first got the nomination, but it just lead me to wordpress! Hopefully someone will uncover it!
Luv you and am so so so so so so so so proud
Cheers The proud father
thank you my proud father : D
I live in Australia and was interested when you said you would like a Koala for a pet. I don’t have a koala but I do have mother and baby brushtail possums that visit my shed to sleep during the day. You can find pictures of my possums here http://wp.me/p3Mn1K-5u. The post is called Wake up and smell the bananas! 😊
That is awesome:)!!! I will check out the pictures. thank you oh and any plans of keeping a koala:)?
I don’t think it’s allowed here to keep koalas. My possums are wild and come and go as they please.
There was a koala in my neighbours backyard once. I live near a national park with koalas in it although we seldom see them. 😊
Oh sniffles. That means either of the two. 1.Either I choose another pet. 2. Or I get a job in a zoo or a national park.
Something to think about in my `fantasy` leisure time of course.
I have finally finished my Liebster award! Feel free to give it a look: http://angiemdelamere.wordpress.com/2014/04/30/my-not-quite-an-oscar-award/
Thank you once again! 🙂
loved it loved it loved it:D .. your adventure dream is astounding…I can’t wait to boast about it when I see you on television…
Haha I can’t wait for that I am actually on TV! Keep your fingers crossed.
Hi! I know I’m (extremely) late, but I’m just now responding to my Liebster nominations. Just read through your post again to re-familiarize myself and I love it! Please please please make your dream come true and own a bookstore with a multitude of notebooks, stationary, and skydiving. I would live there.
hahaha awesome! I’ll add rooms to the bookstore list just for you:)