An award:D?! For moi:D!? *FAINT*. Please excuse the childish reaction, but the last time I received something close to a literary award was back in fourth grade.
So I am honored to be nominated for the Liebster award on wordpress not by one, but three awesome new bloggers :D. Thank you so much guys. Your writings are inspirational to say the least. Credits go to:
Laura Feasey : http://lauragabriellefeasey.wordpress.com/2014/04/23/the-liebster/
theWitch : http://bobandemily.wordpress.com/2014/04/24/liebster-award/
So this is what the Liebster award is all about:
The Liebster Award is awarded to bloggers with under 200 followers to try to promote their blog a little and also bring together a community of bloggers.
The rules of the competition are as follows:
- The nominated user must provide a link back to the person who nominated them.
- Provide 11 facts about yourself.
- Answer 11 questions set by the person who nominated you.
- Choose 11 more people and ask them 11 questions.
So this award influx has rattled me a bit. Three nominations means 33 times 3 sets of questions that need to be answered, 33 questions that need to be put up to other nominees and 33 people that need to be further nominated. GULP. Liebster quicksand. Don’t get me wrong. I am jumping with joy here but c’mon, do the maths! So in all fairness, I think I will do just Laura’s set of questions because she nominated me first. I hope the rest of you won’t banish me from your blogs:(
11 Facts about me:
- I believe that strong faith and connection with God can get you anywhere.
- I never played with dolls because I was the sporty kid. Softball, badminton, riding, swimming, sailing, cricket…
- I always need something to look forward to in life. Big or small.
- I was the biggest cry baby to have lived. Then I grew up and my tear ducts begged for retirement.
- I have degrees in computer science and teaching English as a second language. I am good at neither.
- I love twisted murder mysteries and wheel of fortune. X-files was my first love.
- My biggest fear is to be without my family. Everything else comes second.
- I run a low-quality opera house by day. One that only specializes in screaming. a lot. at my beautiful children.
- I hate brushing my hair.
- I dream of owning my own bookstore that also has the world’s largest collection of notebooks, stationery and teaches skydiving.
- I can’t stand conflict.
11 Answers to Laura’s questions:
- What is your favourite word? Amazing! (I love exclamation marks)
- What is your least favourite word? Whatever
- When did you last laugh? Just yesterday when my daughter made an ultimate mess in the bathtub. But first I almost cried.
- Where’s Wally (or Waldo for my American friends)? Happily retired. Living in Niagara on the Lake with Wella, his wife
- What would you do with a lottery win? Probably faint. Then if I ever came around I’d give lavish presents to family and friends, travel and leave something behind before going bankrupt. Maybe build a huge and fun library in Lahore, Pakistan.
- Who would play you in a film about your life? Drew Barrymore
- If you had a superhero power what would it be? To be able to transport myself to any part of the past or future. Flying would come by default of course.
- What was the last book you read? Inferno by Dan Brown
- What is your first thought when you wake up? Save the planet. Oh and ssshhhh, don’t want to wake the kids up!
- If you could have any animal in the world as a pet, what would it be? Koala bear. Most definitely.
- What do you think of my blog? Inkrichment galore:). Well done!
My 11 questions for the next nominees:
- What keeps you going?
- What’s your biggest vice?
- What’s your favorite piece of jewelry or keepsake?
- Biggest adventure you dream of or have been to?
- Humans or aliens?
- What burns your blood?
- If you could have a holiday named after you, what would it be?
- Err…who was Liebster? And why 11?
- Pancakes or waffles?
- What’s your favourite cartoon bad guy?
- What do you think of my blog?
And finally enriched new writers I am nominating:D.
- Flutter touch
- Hugh’s views and news
- Maria Brinkley